16 April 2005

Billmon: Kulturkampf

"Whenever I hear the word culture, I release the safety-catch on my Browning!"

German playwright Hanns Johst
(Often attributed to Hermann Goering)
1933

I was busy with various trivial pursuits -- such as making a living -- this week, so I missed out on the big blogosphere debate about pop culture and the Democratic Party.

It began with an op-ed in Monday's Wall Street Journal by a flack for Joe Leiberman, spread to Kevin Drum's blog (thanks to guest poster Amy Sullivan) and from there quickly metastasized through the lymph nodes of the left side of the blogosphere.

Fortunately, this particular political tumor is responding well to chemo and already seems to be going into remission. So I probably should just keep my mouth shut and leave bad enough alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home