06 April 2005

Wednesday’s political round-up

Today’s installment of campaign-related news items that wouldn’t generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers:

* Rick “Man on Dog” Santorum sounded downright panicky in an email fundraising pitch last week. “I must have you working with me to stand against the Big Money leftists,” Santorum wrote. “Now that the Democratic National Committee has declared me its No. 1 target for the next election I expect Soros and others on the left, like insurance billionaire Peter Lewis, to pump millions and millions of dollars into Pennsylvania to support whoever runs against me.” Paranoia aside, Santorum estimates he’ll need to raise almost $20 million before November 2006, which is about the only accurate thing in the letter.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home