10 June 2005

Billmon - June 10, 2005

Probably because of the title of my last post on Howard Dean -- Howard's End (a really stupid choice, in hindsight) -- a lot of people now think I'm calling on Dean to resign as DNC chairman.

I'm not. I just think he either needs to tone down the rhetoric and concentrate on party building, or improve his aim as a partisan hit man. But if he can't or won't do either, then yeah, he should leave. But personally I hope it doesn't come to that.

The lyrics aren't so hot, but it's got an interesting beat, even if you can't dance to it:

An hour before dawn, the sky still clouded by a dust storm, the soldiers of the Iraqi army's Charlie Company began their mission with a ballad to ousted president Saddam Hussein. "We have lived in humiliation since you left," one sang in Arabic, out of earshot of his U.S. counterparts. "We had hoped to spend our life with you."

So did he, baby. So did he.

I see Ralph Nader wants Congress to impeach George Bush -- his nominal opponent and sometime political benefactor:

It is time for Congress to investigate the illegal Iraq war as we move toward the third year of the endless quagmire that many security experts believe jeopardizes US safety by recruiting and training more terrorists. A Resolution of Impeachment would be a first step. Based on the mountains of fabrications, deceptions, and lies, it is time to debate the ''I" word.

I guess while they're at it they should also bring charges against Al Gore -- because hey, he was just as bad as Bush, right Ralph?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home