28 September 2005

Billmon: Down the Memory Hole

I'm having a 1984 moment on the Internet tonight -- one in which the "news" I thought I read just a few hours has already been replaced with a different set of facts, without any acknowledgement from Minitrue that something has changed.

Earlier today, I scanned Google News to see what was going down in the House GOP shark tank now that the DeLay indictment has dumped a big bucket of bloody chum in the water. And I came across many stories about the impending "temporary" elevation of Rep. David Dreier, R-Closet, to replace the Bug Man while he tries to beat the rap down in Texas. Several of them specifically said that the number three guy, House Whip Roy Blunt, was staying put, at least for now.

Or at least, that's what I remember.

But by the time I got home from work this evening, the stories I had read earlier in the day had all been changed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home