10 January 2006

Not Proud to Be an American

By Molly Ivins, AlterNet. Posted January 10, 2006.

Abramoff and DeLay used nonprofit organizations to launder money and pay for high-flying perks. That's just Bad Taste.

We live in a great nation. The police blotter of the Mill Valley Herald in California informs us that the constabulary there had to be called out on account of a citizen "dressed like a penguin" who was "standing on a street corner playing a ukulele." Makes me proud to be an American.

What does not make me proud to be an American is a specific twist in the Jack Abramoff-Tom DeLay scandal -- in fact, this makes me want to urp despite the fact that I have a strong stomach when it comes to political corruption. Practice, practice, practice, that's what Texas provides when it comes to sleaze and stink. Who can forget such great explanations as "Well, I'll just make a little bit of money, I won't make a whole lot"? And "There was never a Bible in the room"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home