21 January 2006

Why Stanford prof is suing Bush over NSA spying

U.S. AGENCY POSSIBLY WATCHING HIS WORK
By Lisa M. Krieger
Mercury News

Every day on the Stanford University campus, Larry Diamond teaches his students that the president of the United States is not above the law.



Which is why Diamond decided to sue President Bush when he learned that the president had authorized spying on Americans without consent of Congress or the courts. Diamond believes he is among the targets of surveillance.



``I'm disturbed,'' said Diamond, a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution who has studied and taught democracy for more than 30 years. He is also a plaintiff in the lawsuit filed Tuesday by the American Civil Liberties Union suit against Bush, the National Security Agency and the heads of other major agencies. ``I'm not afraid. I don't feel that I'm in danger. I don't expect retribution.''

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home