05 March 2006

Avedon Carol: It's busting out all over

When I see news like this, I get the feeling that the US and UK governments expect things to be so bad in the future that they fear revolution.--Dictynna

Some days I expect I'll soon wake up and discover that the only democracies left are in Latin America. Like when I see articles like David Howarth's Who wants the Abolition of Parliament Bill?:

LAST WEEK all eyes were on the House of Commons as it debated identity cards, smoking and terrorism. The media reported both what MPs said and how they voted. For one week at least, the Commons mattered.All the more peculiar then that the previous Thursday, in an almost deserted chamber, the Government proposed an extraordinary Bill that will drastically reduce parliamentary discussion of future laws, a Bill some constitutional experts are already calling the Abolition of Parliament Bill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home