22 April 2006

Daily Kos: Fundy Values: Not quite an oxymoron, just misguided (by defensiveness).

by shock
Thu Apr 20, 2006 at 09:33:02 PM PDT

As I've written about here before (for example, here and here), I was raised as a fundamentalist and a Republican and have undergone a radical shift in beliefs in my adult life. While reading the comments for the highly-recommended diary, Romans 13: the reason fundamentalists still support GWB (for example, this thread), my memory was jogged to something I'd written a few years ago to a group of my friends who'd been (playfully, but genuinely) asking me to try to help them make sense of the fundamentalist mindset with respect to politics. I think this may be somewhat useful to some people here.

First, I am not posting this to try to defend the fundamentalist belief set, but rather because way back then we found it useful for strategizing going into the 2004 election in our area. That is, I hope this generates ideas for people here and/or politicians as to how to approach fundamentalists in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home