28 May 2006

Digby: Moving Past It

I don't live in DC and I'm sure it's not nice of me to be derisive about its culture. After all, I live in the biggest glass house in the world --- LA --- where high culture is defined by fake breasts and "the zone" diet. But still. I can't help but feel that there is something really wrong with a place that elects themselves a "wise man" like this:

From A Tiny Revolution:
Perhaps you've already seen this column by David Broder, Dean of the Washington Press Corps, in which he explains what he's interested in:
But for all the delicacy of the treatment, the very fact that the Times had sent a reporter out to interview 50 people about the state of the Clintons' marriage and placed the story on the top of Page One was a clear signal -- if any was needed -- that the drama of the Clintons' personal life would be a hot topic if she runs for president.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home