22 July 2006

Digby: I'm Not Ready To Make Nice

Rush:
The Democratic Party today is assumed to be -- well, it's not assumed to be. The Democratic Party today is oriented around one thing -- aside from its hatred of Bush -- oriented around its anti-war position. The Democrat base is pure anti-war, and that's why Lieberman is in trouble. It is such a powerful base or perceived to be by other Democrats, that Democrats like Hillary and others, John Kerry said, (paraphrasing) "If Lieberman loses, I'm not supporting him. I must support my party. My party stood behind me. I always be a Democrat," and Hillary has pretty much said the same thing. Barbara Boxer however is in trouble, so-called.
There is a little tremor in Rush's description of the "powerful" Democratic base (he realizes it and tries to amend his statement.)The opposition actually has him rattled for the first time in recent memory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home