12 July 2006

Digby: Norquistian Boogeyman

Jonathan Chait expands upon his Sunday op-ed, noting that I offered up "a fairly cogent and persuasive, albeit profanity-laced, case against Lieberman." (I did say shit and fuck once each. Oops, I did it again.)

Chait reiterates that he dislikes Lieberman but is concerned that if Lieberman loses he will become a martyr. I suppose he probably will. But he will be one without a platform in the US Senate. He will do much less damage as a Fox News analyst or an AEI fellow --- or even Sec Def reporting to his good pal Dick Cheney. (Even I don't think he's worse than Rumsfeld --- who is?) In any event, he will no longer be an elected Democrat from a liberal state deriding his own party and enabling the Republicans. That is its own reward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home