14 August 2006

Daily Kos: Debunking the Fair Tax Myth

by CrellMoset
Sun Aug 13, 2006 at 01:10:05 PM PDT

I've never really posted a real diary here before, but after being confronted by a waiter the other night at Outback Steakhouse - literally, in the middle of my dinner - about how America's tax code is broken and the Fair Tax is the only solution, I figured I finally had something to write about. I live in GA-07 and am unfortunately represented in Congress by John Linder, the man who's been pimping H.R. 25 (also known as the FairTax Act) on the floor of the House since 1999, so this is not the first time I've encountered an ardent supporter of the FairTax. When confronted by this garrulous garçon, however, I felt woefully ill-prepared to counter his fantastical claims that the FairTax Bill was a taxation panacea. I knew on some level that he was probably being misled, but it took a great deal of research for me to discover just how misled, and just how full of crap those pushing this bill on the floor of Congress truly are.

CrellMoset's diary :: ::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home