23 December 2006

Billmon: An Iraq Retrospective

I've been spending some of my spare time these past few weeks rummaging around in the Whiskey Bar archives, trying to decide what, if any of it, is worth keeping and what could just as well be consigned to the electronic garbage can. If nothing else, the task drove home for me just how central the Iraq War has been to this blog -- beginning with my very first post, which was written the day after the fall of Baghdad in April 2003.

[...]

What follows, then, are some selected passages from the Whiskey Bar in that first fateful year of the war, from the fall of Baghdad to the capture of Saddam. They have been edited for length, but not for content or context -- or at least so I think you will find, if you check the orginal posts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home