15 January 2007

Daily Kos: Response for Right Wing E-mails, now with extra logical goodness!

by murrayewv
Sun Jan 14, 2007 at 11:18:50 AM PST

This diary is prompted by a request from a new dailykos member, billyb, who asked for help in his first diary, entitled "Help me debunk this bs". I admit, I wasn’t very sympathetic to billyb. This sort of popular e-mail posted as a first diary is often a way for trolls to rev up discussion with their poor quality data and distract people in the community from issues at hand. I felt billyb should do a little simple research by his or herself and debunk these claims, rather than asking for us to do so. Further checking on this e-mail out revealed it is everywhere on the on the conservative blogs and lots of people besides billyb have received it. Apparently it was sent out before the 2006 elections. I have not identified the original author of this e-mail, although it was discussed in the excellent thread attached to the original diary. Instead, I have worked to address the question posed by diarist billyb, namely “help me debunk this bs.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home