05 November 2007

Firedoglake: Message Control

After a fantastic Book Salon with Susan Faludi yesterday afternoon, I settled in to watch some Bill Moyers’ Journal regarding the consolidation of media control across the spectrum of print and broadcast reporting. The intersection of the two was fascinating. Susan Faludi in yesterday’s comments:

As someone who has worked at many newspapers over the course of a career in journalism, I feel the same way. It was a depressing aspect of my book tour last month that as I traveled around and saw old friends at many of those papers, I kept hearing horror stories about cutbacks, layoffs, elimination of investigative reporting, proliferation of meaningless consumer “lifestyle” sections, and demands for stories that get a lot of clicks instead of stories that have actual import.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home