02 December 2007

Daily Kos: National Review: GOP in Deep Doo-Doo

Fri Nov 30, 2007 at 02:02:50 PM PST

[Promoted by DHinMI: I've recently explored the possibility that the 2008 election could be somewhat like the 1932 election when FDR was elected with a huge majority, which was the start of a Democratic electoral coalition that lasted for decades; I'll revisit the subject on Sunday. Apparently the boys over at the National Review are also thinking we could be on the verge of a big Democratic win next year.]

I actually shelled out hard-earned cash to buy a copy of the National Review today ... seduced by the cover story, The Coming Cataclysm: Why the GOP Faces One and How to Avoid It, written by Ramesh Ponnuru and Richard Lowry. How could I resist? I had to see if their analysis was right, and more to the point, if they thought there really WAS a way to avoid it. I approached with a bit of trepidation, I must admit. I was worried that they might actually HAVE a silver bullet, or some trick up their sleeve, or even some grand new vision that would save things for them.

So what's their solution to avoiding the cataclysm?

The short answer is, with a wing and a prayer. The long answer is ... well, follow me into Conservative Land, if you can bear it. (This trip will not be as bad as you might think ...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home