12 September 2008

A Tangled Story of Addiction

Consequences of Cindy McCain's Drug Abuse Were More Complex Than She Has Portrayed

By Kimberly Kindy
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, September 12, 2008; Page A01

When Cindy McCain is asked what issues she would champion as first lady, she often cites one of the most difficult periods of her life: her battle with -- and ultimate victory over -- prescription painkillers. Her struggle, she has said repeatedly, taught her valuable lessons about drug abuse that she would pass on to the nation.

"I think it made me a better person as well as a better parent, so I think it would be very important to talk about it and be very upfront about it," McCain said in an interview with "Access Hollywood." In an appearance on the "Tonight Show With Jay Leno," she said she tries "to talk about it as much as possible because I don't want anyone to wind up in the shoes that I did at the time."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home