22 July 2006

Digby: Personal Conviction

Adding to my post below about Joe Lieberman's views of "life" issues, reader Dover Bitch sent this for us to think about:
I must pass this one along to you because I think it really shows what's in Lieberman's mind and why Alito got a free pass from the Gang of 14. It also shows why Planned Parenthood and NARAL are clueless.

Here's what Lieberman said on the Senate floor back on Oct. 20, 1999:

"I remember I first dealt with these issues when I was a State senator in Connecticut in the 1970s, after the Roe v. Wade decision was first passed down by the Supreme Court, and the swelter of conflicting questions: What is the appropriate place for my convictions about abortion, my personal conviction that potential life begins at conception and, therefore, my personal conviction that all abortions are unacceptable? How do I relate that to my role as a lawmaker, to the limits of the law, to the right of privacy that the Supreme Court found in Roe v. Wade?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home