26 October 2006

Billmon: Some Like It Hot

When it comes to elections in this country, we definitely have an ample selection of paranoia levels to choose from, starting with: "Isn't it funny how so many computer glitches seem to favor the party in power?" and ending, or at least I hope, with: "Mr. Diebold's fleet of black helicopters is going to elect Elvis the king of the universe!"

I tend towards the mild, not the habanero, variety myself -- I'm always suspicious about hanky panky, particularly at the county and city level, and definitely worried about the accuracy and reliability of paperless black boxes, but I'm very skeptical of massive, national conspiracies designed to keep Karl Rove in power until doomsday. (Although if he stays in power much longer, doomsday may not be that far away.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home