27 June 2006

Wyden Guards the Net

Call Ron Wyden and Thank Him. He Promises to Block Any Bill That Would Harm Pro-Democracy "Net Neutrality." Says Wyden, "I will do anything I can to block a major telecom rewrite that undermines what makes the Internet special. I will block it. I will do anything I can to derail it." Call His D.C. Office and Thank Him for Standing Up for "Net Neutrality."--BUZZFLASH


Sunday, June 25, 2006
David Sarasohn

Sometime this week, the Senate Commerce, Science & Transportation Committee, like a lot of folks organizing their desk, will get to work on their phone bill. Sometime after that, after sorting through about 100 proposed amendments, the committee will send a giant bill overhauling U.S. telecommunications law to the Senate floor.

Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore, will be waiting.

If it doesn't fit his main concern, says Wyden, "I will do anything I can to block a major telecom rewrite that undermines what makes the Internet special. I will block it. I will do anything I can to derail it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home